On Thursday night I decided we needed to remodel our half-bath this weekend. :) Before you feel too sorry for Ryan, remember he likes projects, too. I even asked him and he said so.
That poor half bath has been on the back-burner for a while, now. I finally got so sick of apologizing for it every time someone wanted to use the bathroom. I found it downright embarrassing! Not to mention this deep down belief I have that if something looks nice, I will be much more prone to clean it. I have discovered these past few days that I am not nearly as good a housekeeper as I like to think I am and it is kind of depressing. So what could make it better but a little remodel?
So here is the dreadful before...

I will point out all that is wrong with this picture. Cheap, builders-grade faucet, ugly formica counter top that for some reason extends along the entire wall, making the top of the toilet impossible to clean, blah cabinets (at least they are upgraded maple), ginormous boring mirror, paint color was okay--I picked it--but I painted it quickly when I was eight months pregnant and I'm pretty sure I used satin paint, which is not easy to clean, especially when there are little boys living in your house if you know what I mean. And then the gorgeous light fixture--wow. So the overall effect is bor-ing.
So yesterday we ripped it all out and got going!!



Two days of sanding, staining, tiling, painting, installing, patching drywall, texturing, plumbing, reassembling and decorating later....


This is my favorite part--

We salvaged the original sink, then Ryan tiled over the ugly old counter top! I love, love, love the backsplash! And here is the much improved new light!

The color is hard to capture on film, but it is a bluish/greenish/grayish color. It's perfect. You will all have to come by and see it.
Yay! The only problem is now the rest of my house seems so shabby. I will have to sell more things on Craigslist to fund the next project. I'm thinking it's about time we tackled the kitchen...
(Don't worry, Ryan likes it, remember??)
4 comments:
Can I add that I'm so impressed that it only took you guys 2 days to do it? That would have taken us forever. And ever. I'm dying to do our master bath, so seeing your end results are so inspiring! The wall color is lovely. Next time I'm in your neighborhood, I'm stopping in for a potty break to check it out in person! :)
Did you use the Rainwater? I LOVE it! Everything is gorgeous!! I love, love, love the tile in the backsplash. So pretty. I can't wait to see it in person :)
I think it's funny that you say how much Ryan loves it and he looks so enthused in the picture... lol You might get him smiling next time ;) but in all seriousness: It looks great! I'm excited to see it!
Looks great! Love the smile on Ryan's face.
Post a Comment