Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkin Farm!


This year our annual trip to the pumpkin farm had to be squeezed in between a soccer game in the morning and work schedule in the evening. The older the kids get the busier our life becomes! But not even the swine flu kept us from the pumpkin farm last year, so a hectic schedule certainly wasn't going to stop us this year. After all I have to get the yearly picture of my kids!! Here they are in basically the same spot, in the same order for the last three years...



Notice the size of their pumpkins this year. The theme seemed to be the bigger the better. The hunt is on...

Yes, they were beautiful pumpkins. Ryan got quite the workout hauling them over to the scale.



It was well over 150 lbs. of pumpkin when all was said and done. I, however, was not willing to shell out $50 to pay for the beautiful pumpkins, so I made them put them back and get smaller ones. Mean mom.

We didn't have a lot of time after that--we looked at all the craft booths, rode the train and enjoyed some funnel cake and then went home. It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Looks like so much fun. Those big pumpkins are so expensive, I would have had them get small ones as well. Glad you are not sick with the flu as well.

Becca said...

Nice pictures sister!