Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ryan the workaholic

Ryan had another day of hard work today. I tried to help where I could, but I am not feeling well and I was up ALL NIGHT LONG with Lincoln, who is really, really sick. :(

I have spent many days over the past month moving the rocks that were in our side yard over to the other side of the house. So even though I didn't help a ton today, I did all the prep work previously. (And it wasn't easy, let me tell you.)

Here is the before:

Here it is after I finally got all of the rocks moved:

And here it is today!!
MUCHO MEJOR!!

Ryan also coached a volatile soccer game today...I guess one of the player's dad's stormed onto the field in a rage over a call. He got so angry that three other parents were trying to physically hold him back and the ref told someone to call the police. And I missed it. Dang.

Ryan, man of many talents, also played medieval dentist for Chloe.
I didn't get a picture of the "after."

Now he is off at the school Halloween party with the three older kids. We (I) set a goal to not spend any money on Halloween costumes this year and this is what the kids came up with...
Audrey is a cheetah/cat/mouse (her own creation.) Isaac is a magician and Chloe is Cleopatra. Here they are with Lincoln who had to stay home from the party because he is so pitifully sick. He had fallen asleep on the couch, but I wanted him to be in the picture, too.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

The brick looks beautiful - nice job, both of you! We are doing the same things this Halloween - not spending a cent; isn't it amazing what the kids can come up with! They look great in their costumes. And poor Lincoln. :( What's wrong? Is it something respiratory again? Hope you and he can get some rest.