Saturday, September 4, 2010

Don't mess with my girl.

*I should point out before you start reading (and/or judging) that I do not condone violence under any circumstances. I am generally a peace-loving individual. But I just think this is funny.

Chloe has had a feisty streak in her since the day she was born. She is one tough cookie and we have really learned that we have to choose our battles with her. And choose wisely. For the last few days she has been telling me that the little boy that sits next to her, Javier, has been messing with her--pulling out the pages of her notebook, spitting on her desk, just generally being an annoying little boy. I guess by Friday she had had enough, so she turned around and decked him. Javier did not choose wisely. Unfortunately this type of behavior doesn't fly with school authorities and she had to change the light on her behavior chart to yellow.
When I tried to talk to her about what happened she plead the fifth. She literally said, "I will not answer questions about that." I talked to her teacher and got the full story. We had a talk about how she can't do stuff like that at school, no matter how much someone is bothering her. But still, deep down, I had to think "Bravo, Chloe."

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

Too funny! (And I agree, way to go, Chloe!)

Unknown said...

Way to take matters into your own hands, Chloe! I think she deserves a big Bravo. I bet Javier will think twice about messing with her again--sometimes a little bit of negative reinforcement goes a long way.

Jenni said...

Hope she never changes a bit.