Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dinos and Tiny Town


On Saturday we went with my parents to Dinosaur Ridge and Tiny Town. Dinosaur Ridge was really cool--you can see real dinosaur footprints up the side of the mountain, as well as fossils and other cool things in the rocks. Unfortunately, my allergies flared up really badly and I literally cried my way through the tour. I had no make up on when we got back down to the car. But it was still really interesting.

Touching embedded fossils
This was so awesome! All these footprints just up the side of the mountain.

I tell Lincoln to smile and this is what I get.
Tiny Town is just that--a tiny town. It is a bunch of little houses surrounded by a train. Kind of like a Disneyland ride, only not quite as well done. The kids liked it. I'm glad we did it, but I won't go back--I just don't see the appeal beyond a one time trip. Although we did get some cute pictures!

On the train ride the kids all crowded into the little caboose--along with about 15 other kids. I got claustrophobic just looking at them!

No comments: