
I'll admit I didn't have high expectations going into Isaac's first Pinewood Derby. We (read: Ryan and Isaac) had very little time to work on the car because of our trip to Chicago and other things that had been going on before we left. It was really kind of a last minute thing. And the Raingutter Regatta a few months ago ended in a bitterly disappointed Isaac who was struggling to hold the tears in. :( But--things went a lot better than I expected! In fact, Isaac's car was the fastest of all the Wolves so he is moving on to the District Championships!
The kids LOVED it! Lincoln kept asking when it was his turn to race.

Notice the intense concentration as he places his car on the track...

Isaac's car pulls into the lead!

Winner of the Wolves with his car, called "The Million Dollar Car." It certainly wasn't as fancy as some of the others, but it was faster than some of them and I guess that's all that matters!
2 comments:
What COOL pictures! I didn't even bring my camera. I was happy that I even got there let alone with two cars made! Way to go Isaac!!
Good job, Isaac! Wow, they go all out for the Derby in your area; championships??
Post a Comment