Well, we are sick again. I know, that's a shocker. It started with the kids all getting nasty coughs on the way to Chicago. Lincoln's is still so awful--I'm truly surprised we made it through this weekend without a trip to the hospital. Anyway, Ryan and I started to feel a little under the weather yesterday, but this morning I was like, "Easter baskets? Who cares?! Let me sleep!!!" We both dragged ourselves out of bed and down to supervise the whole Easter candy extravaganza and egg hunt. Then we turned on conference and promptly crashed on the couch. I think I heard maybe one half of one talk in the first session. I slept for the 2 hours between sessions and then gave it another go. I heard a bit more of the next session. I'm hoping that after this day of rest we will both be better tomorrow.
While we were unconscious on the couch, the kids got very industrious. They hid and re-hid the eggs dozens of times. They kindly decorated the bunny cake for me.

And they decided we needed to eat our Easter dinner al fresco. Never mind that we don't have patio furniture (the backyard is our next major home improvement project--started on Saturday, actually--notice the huge pine tree that is now chopped down in the picture.) They flipped over the Barbie Jeep for Ryan and I to use as a table next to their picnic table. They even made name tags and had music playing (Christmas music, but at least it was a holiday, even if it was the wrong one!) As we were bringing dinner out the wind picked up and they decided it was too cold to eat out there. It was a nice idea, though!
3 comments:
Sorry you guys are all sick. What a bummer on Easter weekend. I think the kids did a nice job decorating the cake! Hope you all feel well again soon. I'm sure nicer weather will help. :)
Hopefully the kids feel better soon. Love the picture of Lincoln in the sink, little kids locked in the bathroom, no good can come out of that.
I love the creativity of flipping a jeep for an extra table. Sorry you were sick too!
Post a Comment