As I drove to the doctor this morning (just had to sneak in one more visit before the end of the year...) I was reminiscing on the year 2009 and all it had to offer us. Here is the list I compiled:
-Three episodes of severe Bronchiolitis
-One Advanced case of Basal Cell Carcinoma
-Two bouts of pneumonia
-Two raging cases of Swine Flu
-Two out-patient surgeries
-Two trips to the Emergency room
-Two overnight hospitalizations
-A diagnosis of Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (that came at today's visit)
-One CAT scan
-Four chest x-rays
-Three oxygen tanks
-Countless breathing treatments
-At least seven hundred trips to the doctor
-About a mortgage payment in co-pays and prescription meds
It's been a crazy year! I couldn't have survived without the support of such kind and generous friends who have helped us out in so many ways. Here's hoping they don't need to help us out quite so much next year...
2 comments:
I share your sentiment!! Here's to a healthier and all-around better year in 2010 than this year (and last year, for that matter!) I want to hear more about this leg/knee problem, though. What's going on now?
What is Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome? Knee or leg pain? I am so sorry! We discovered Spencer has asthma as well and Broderick as a suspect persistent cough. I wish that did not run in families...
Post a Comment