We decided to surprise the kids. We were already in Utah for the wedding so we got in the car and told them we were taking a different route home. Two days later we pulled up to the happiest place on earth. Their reaction was not what I was expecting. Isaac just kept looking at me like he was thinking, "This looks like Disneyland, but there is no way they brought us to Disneyland." They were all too shocked to be screaming with excitement like I thought they would be. It was still awesome!
The trip went well! The kids and I hung out at the park from around 10:00 am until about 5:00 every day. Ryan would usually meet us for an early dinner and take the kids on as many "big kid" rides as they could hit before it was time to leave. It worked out perfectly and it was a great way to start our long winter break! Here are a few pics of the trip. (I didn't have our nice camera with us for most of it--I can only do so much and keeping track of my four kids, the stroller, the backpack and the camera was just too much! So I got a disposable camera for when we were alone and Ryan brought the nice one when he came at night...)
Our annual attempt to free the sword.
Autopia--one of our favorites!
This is the outside of our hotel.
Here is Linky's favorite person of all time--Handy Manny (or Dada Manny, as he calls him.) He is much bigger in real life than he is on t.v., though, and Lincoln got a little shy when we got up close.
Chloe
Ryan
Lindsay and Lincoln
Isaac
Audrey
I just have to say, Disneyland is incredible this time of the year!! They always do everything 150%, but I was shocked at how much they pull out all the stops at Christmas. Everything was beautifully decorated. "It's a Small World" was just amazing! There were virtually no lines and the weather was a balmy 70-75 degrees the whole time we were there. It was a great trip!
1 comment:
I'm estatic that you got to visit Disneyland during Christmas. It's awesome anytime, but Christmas is the best there! And, you can't hate the weather either!
Post a Comment