Monday, December 14, 2009

December 13th and 14th

Yesterday we did our Gingerbread house. The kids absolutely love this tradition and I learned from last year's experience to assemble the house the night before, so it was much more enjoyable for all of us. In fact, I think I might make my own next year.

Today's advent activity was buying a present for a needy child. It was really fun to take the kids to the store with me and let them help pick out presents for someone else. The store I work at has adopted a family for Christmas so we got a few things for their two-year-old daughter, new baby and grandmother. I have been trying to get the kids more into the spirit of giving, and I think they really enjoyed it. Although the concept of a budget is still a bit out of their grasp though...if it had been up to them, that family would be having a really good Christmas!!

Here is our funny family picture that we took before going to church yesterday. Check out Lincoln's face! That is what he does when we say, "Smile!"

3 comments:

Amy said...

Lincoln is such a goof! Silly kid! I was chuckling at Isaac's face too. Typical 8 year old boy!
I forgot to tell you how cute the girls dresses are! They both were acting like such cute little princesses at Church yesterday!

Kurt & Shawn said...

Hey Lindsay: Yes, I check in on your blog often to see what is going on. Cute family. We do gingerbread houses every year and I have started hot glueing them together to speed things along. Just a thought. Merry Christmas, Shawn

Priscilla said...

What a great picture; Lincoln's face is perfect! (Your tree is beautiful, by the way.)