Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 12th


Finish hanging the Christmas lights! The kids had fun "helping" Ryan with this--or just watching him up on the ladder. Every year we get a little more ambitious--next year we want to tackle the upper roof too. I still want to add lights in the upper bedroom windows, but we will see if I get to it.

Tonight we also went to a Polar Express party at Chick Fil'A. I don't know how that restaurant makes any money. They gave a free kids meal to any kid wearing their jammies tonight. Ryan and I don't really eat fast food, so we just got drinks, so in all we paid $3 for dinner! Plus, they really know how to throw a party! They had transformed one whole section of the dining room to look like the train car. They were giving away free hot chocolate and all the people that worked there were dressed like they were servers on the Polar Express. They gave each kid that walked in a tiny gift box that said, "Believe" and inside it was a jingle bell that they could wear. There was a conductor reading the story every hour and they even had a horse drawn wagon ride in the parking lot!! It was really crowded, of course, but a lot of fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your house is very pretty!