Friday, December 11, 2009

December 11th...Or, You might be a redneck if...

You Visit Santa.

I heard from one of the moms at gymnastics the other day that the best place to see Santa was at the Bass Pro Shop. Not one of the stores I frequent, but hey, I'll try anything once. It took us about 35 minutes to get over there, but it was well worth the drive. They had tons of fun activities for the kids to do--many of them were hunting related, but I tried to keep a positive attitude. The kids loved shooting rifles and dart guns at targets, "fishing" on the Wii and playing with remote control race cars and monster trucks. There were letters to write to Santa and he will be answering us with the e-mail address I provided! We also spent quite a bit of time roaming the store--trying out the four-wheelers, running through the tents, testing the boats and looking at hundreds and hundreds of dead animals. I guess you could think of it as a free museum. Or a homage to killing innocent animals for sport.

Check out the dead reindeer!

At least they kept the fish alive.
Brothers racing cars.
Lincoln found what he wants for Christmas!
Anyway, the kids had a blast and at the end we got in line to see Santa while they played in this fake snow area for at least 45 minutes. It was really well done and all FREE! I highly recommend it (unless you are a member of PETA.)

1 comment:

Casey said...

That post was hilarious! My goodness. Thank you for the laugh. :) Nothing says Christmas like guns and dead animals. ;)