Thursday, March 7, 2013

I can do it. All.

Sometimes I have to curse my "I can handle it" personality.  The thing is, for the most part I can handle it.  So I just keep taking on more and more and more.  There is just so much I want to do and learn and be.  Lately I have been feeling a tad bit swamped, but things are actually going surprisingly well.  Homeschooling is moving along--always fine-tuning and tweaking and changing and researching to keep it interesting, but it's going well.  I started selling designer jeans back in December--weird, I know, but it's kind of taking off as well.  It's nice to have extra money coming in--but by taking off, it's also adding work to my full plate.  I'm training for multiple races and see myself just getting better and better, which is so exciting!  I have become a much, much stronger swimmer and that has in turn helped my running.  No knee pain means I can run a lot farther--I've been doing long runs on Saturdays and a few short runs during the week as well.  Of course, I have to get up at 5:00 am to get all this training in, but it is absolutely worth it.  What else?  The usual--daycare during the week, shuttling kids around, still doing PTO for Isaac's school, planning my monthly meals and shopping and working on my year-supply goals and food storage, baking and freezing food on the weekends to make the week go smoother.

Oh, and I was just asked to take on a relatively hefty responsibility at church.

That's my life.  And it really is going well.  My life is currently like a well-oiled machine.  All the cogs and wheels are in the right places, working the way they are supposed to.

I have been taking high doses of Vitamin C every day though, because I know the moment something, anything, derails me, it's all going to fall apart.  And it won't be pretty!  So no sickness is allowed.  No injuries.  No random acts of nature.  Nope.  Things just need to continue to go exactly the way I have planned them to.

Ha, right?

Daily to-do list--can't live without it!
Once a month shopping is great so far.  We ran out of mushrooms by the beginning of this week, but I realize that now mushrooms will be even more exciting and tantalizing when I get to eat them again at the beginning of my next shopping cycle.  We are still going strong on everything else.  I am a little worried about eggs and cheddar, but again, this is a good way to gauge how much I will need to buy next time.  And let me tell you--I was on CLOUD 9 on Tuesday.  I only have 2 1/2 hours of kid-free time a week, on Tuesday mornings when the girls are at their school district homeschool group and Lincoln is at preschool.  I have always used that time to go grocery shopping until this week.  I was giddy!  I didn't even know what to do with myself!  So I ran eight miles and got some errands done.  Not that exciting, but I was alone doing something for myself!  I can't wait until next Tuesday!!!!

No comments: