Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Kitchen is finished...

almost.

We still need to locate and install a giant granite slab for the island--as well as extend it out. But for now that project is on hold. Because, well frankly, I am sick of spending money. So when we get around to doing that, I will be sure to post it. But for now....

Here is the before for those who have forgotten. Functional? Yes. Stylish? Um, not so much. A joy to keep clean? More like a joke.
Here's a fun game. How many Diet Cokes do you see in this picture??


And introducing...the after!! We did sooooo much! Well, Ryan did so much. I mostly just supervised. And grouted. I'm quite proficient at grouting these days.

Let's see. We refinished the cabinets, tiled the floors, installed new countertops, completely redid the overhead lighting (added four cans and 2 pendants and got rid of the fluorescent monstrosity), installed under-the-cabinet lighting, painted, put in a backsplash, and got rid of our breakfast bar. I think that is all...

Oh, and a cute quote on the wall. Poll: do I have too many cute quotes on my walls? Cause I'm thinking of doing another one in the new dining room (pictures coming...)

Another view:
Here are some close ups of my big splurge--the backsplash imported from Italy. I LOVE it!!
Hard to see in the pictures but--it's crackled!

I added curtains in the family room to help the transition between the two rooms.


I'm going to add a tree on that wall with the black and white pictures, too. I'll post it when it's done. And just because I can't seem to stop myself, I re-painted the dining room, added a rug and changed the art work.

The kids painted them. They are Aspen trees. Not zebra legs.

Whew!!

7 comments:

Kim Barney said...

It looks awesome. I love the pendant lights. I am glad you showed closeups of the backsplash. Ryan is the BEST! I love the aspen trees. They are so cool.

Casey said...

It looks beautiful! I hope someday I get to post a "finished" kitchen picture... we'll see.

Amy said...

Looks good and of course you can never have too much vinyl. ;)
Speaking of which, I'm stealing your picture of it.

Erin said...

Awesome! You guys do great work. Want to come do my house?

Unknown said...

It looks gorgeous! It looks like what my kitchen wants to be when it grows up. ;) I love the pendant lights and the new rug in the dining room is beautiful!

Heidi said...

Looks awesome, Lindsay! Love the colors in your dining room. Makes me want to redo our house... hum...

Anna M said...

It looks great! You do a great job of decorating!