We went shopping as a family on Saturday morning and were able to get three of everything on the list. I was really disappointed at how little we were able to get, but hopefully the kids got something out of it, and hopefully some people in Japan will be helped a little as well.
Monday, April 18, 2011
A service project
We decided as a family to do a service project of sorts this week. I wanted to impress upon the kids how blessed we are and how we can help others by sharing what we have. I wanted them to understand the concept of sacrifice a little. The school is collecting items to send to the victims of the earthquakes/tsunami in Japan and we decided to contribute more than the few token items we would have normally sent in. I took the girls grocery shopping with me on Friday night and we tried to buy as little as we could so that we could use the excess from our grocery budget to buy supplies. Unfortunately it was the week we were in charge of soccer snacks, and some other unexpected expenses came up, so we didn't have as much left over as I had hoped. So I embraced the concept of sacrifice as well and donated some of my HARD EARNED money that I get for watching a little boy every week. That is true sacrifice, let me tell you.

We went shopping as a family on Saturday morning and were able to get three of everything on the list. I was really disappointed at how little we were able to get, but hopefully the kids got something out of it, and hopefully some people in Japan will be helped a little as well.
We went shopping as a family on Saturday morning and were able to get three of everything on the list. I was really disappointed at how little we were able to get, but hopefully the kids got something out of it, and hopefully some people in Japan will be helped a little as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment