Sunday, July 4, 2010

Isaac's Day!


Yesterday we celebrated Isaac's ninth birthday in style. We wanted to have a fun BBQ with some of Isaac's best friends and family, but since our backyard is under construction, we had to find a new venue. I decided to rent a pavilion at the nearby reservoir and it was perfect! The kids loved playing at the beach and we all enjoyed the beautiful weather, yummy food and great scenery. After awhile some clouds rolled in, which was even better--it never rained but the foreboding sky chased the crowds away and kept us from roasting.


Watching the boats, geese and windsurfers.
Eating dinner! We had hamburgers and hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon, chips, salsas and salads galore.Being cheesy...what we do best.

The kids jumped right in and swam--even though the water was a bit cold. Hmmm...I wonder whose paranoid mom has had skin cancer on her head?!
The boys worked hard building this sand tunnel thing that ran all the way down the hill to the water. I think they could have stayed there all day and been completely content.
We made Grasshopper Pie for dessert--rather than throw the leftovers away or let them melt, I told the kids to dig right in! They almost finished it. I didn't get any pictures of Isaac blowing out the candles because I was trying to serve the pie before it melted. Also, it was too windy for us to light the candles, so he just pretended anyway.The most random event of the day was the appearance of this rabid goose. It came right over into our pavilion and it was drooling everywhere. It kind of freaked me out. We had to keep chasing it away. Nasty.
The end of the day--it was beautiful and we stayed a little longer than everyone else to watch the sun set over the water and get in some last minute swimming.

And a party just isn't a party without an appearance of Mad Jack.
Ryan and Isaac had filled a bunch of water balloons but we forgot to get them out at the beach, so when we got home we had our own little water balloon fight on the front lawn. I think we can safely say that Ryan won.
Happy Birthday, Isaac!!

No comments: