Monday, April 27, 2009

Our life


You can always tell when it is getting to the end of Ryan's semester because my blogging becomes more and more sporadic as I have less and less time at the computer. This semester ends on May 12th and then he only has ONE MORE SEMESTER LEFT!!!!

We have had a lot of things going on, but my life has been so crazy! I went from being out of town, straight into surgery, then recovery, then rearranging my house to prepare for the new carpet, then we got the new carpet and for the past week I have just been struggling to put everything back together! I can't believe April is almost over! Here is Lincoln showing off the new carpet and it's unexpected side-effect on his hair.

Our new carpet is wonderful. We went really dark for obvious reasons (well, obvious to anyone who has kids) and I love it! It is so soft and thick and nice. The first night we had it Audrey took off her clothes down to her underwear and said she just wanted to roll around in the softness. Another wonderful bonus is that now that we have carpet, we have been able to take all the toys out of storage and put them into the playroom. It's not finished yet, but it's enough of the way there that the kids now have a place to play. We have all been enjoying it immensely!! I will post pictures of the basement when it is all the way there....

Here is Lincoln's new favorite trick--he could spend hours turning the lights on and off.

4 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

Oh how I love dark carpet! I'm glad your kids are loving it's softness and static! Cute pics and congrats on three weeks and one semester to go!

Amy said...

Hee Hee! Love the hair! The carpet looks good, I'll have to stop by and see it sometime.

Genni said...

New carpet sounds so nice. We have a house with mostly wood floors...cold and hard :( I wonder how long Linky's hair will react like that. Our couch did that to everyone who came near it for quite a long time. :) Luckily he looks adorable regardless!

Anonymous said...

He's electric!