Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things said

We were explaining the swine flu to the kids today after the school sent home a note with some suggestions on how to avoid it (wash hands, stay home if you are sick, don't touch your eyes and mouth, etc.) Audrey was really bothered with the idea that she isn't supposed to touch her face. A few minutes later she came to me and said, "Why can't I touch my face? We don't have any pigs in this house!"

I have to admit I also have a hard time taking a disease seriously when it is named after a barnyard animal.

Isaac has a few little African-American girls on his soccer team and the other day Chloe noticed that they have their hair all braided and beaded. She admired it and wondered aloud if I could put beads in her hair. I told her we could try, but I didn't really know how to do hair that way. She said, "I think only brown-bodied girls have beads in their hair."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, right? Seriously...swine flu?! It kind of grosses me out. Let's pray it is not the pandemic they say it could be.

Well said, Audrey!

robyncreates said...

LOL! I love Audrey's comment!

Priscilla said...

Your kids are hilarious, as usual!