Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter. The kids dyed eggs yesterday. Lincoln was very upset that I wouldn't let him drink the Easter egg dye....

Today my face was presentable enough that we were able to go up to spend Easter with some of Ryan's family. The kids woke up early and rushed down to see what the Easter Bunny had left in their baskets. They had all been pondering the day before about what the Easter Bunny's name is. Audrey guessed Molly and Chloe thought it was Petey. Well, the Bunny him/herself left us a note saying that they would have to keep guessing because it's not Molly or Petey. One hint--it starts with a "G." Hmmm...(I told the girls it is Guadalupe, but they didn't agree.)

Lincoln discovered Peeps and a love affair was born.

After the baskets and egg hunt we hurried and got the Easter dresses and outfits on and started the drive. We went to church with a lot of our cousins and got to see Baby Rodney's blessing. After church we had a fun Easter dinner and the kids did another egg hunt. I had a splitting headache the whole day, but I think that will be the way it is for a while now. Besides that, it was a great day!

Here are the kids before we left. It was really cold outside, but oh well, it's Easter! You have to wear your Easter dresses no matter what the weather decides to do! We were ready for Spring! Lincoln wasn't interested in participating in the group shot.
Lincoln's first Easter Egg hunt!
Some of the cousins enjoying dessert.Everyone was on the porch waving goodbye as Grandma and Grandpa left, so I grabbed a picture.

After a long day...

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I know it is SO never going to happen, but I'd love to see a picture of the swelling. You know me and my love affair with everything weird and oozey...not that you're weird and/or oozey...

OK. I'll shut up, now.

The girls look darling! Glad you had a great Easter with the fam!

Jamie said...

Your kids are so precious! I love reading your blog. Your oldest looks just like Ryan in the group photo!

Anna M said...

Fun Easter! Do you make the matching bows yourself for the girls dresses?

Claire said...

I have been behind on checking people's blogs, so I spent a while reading yours. I didn't know about your basal cell carcinoma stuff. I'm glad your surgery went well and that things are looking up!! That must've been so scary and stressful for you. I hope everything is ok. Your kids are adorable!! Your girls are seriously the cutest! Anyway, hope you guys are doing well.