Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fighting a losing battle...

"Trying to clean the house while you have young children is like trying to shovel the walk in the middle of a snowstorm." I can't remember what famous person said that, but it is so true!!! As I was in the family room the other day, this is what the girls were doing in the living room...

If I'm cleaning upstairs, they are uncleaning downstairs. If I'm down, they are up. Maybe once they are all in school full time I will have a clean house once in a while. I don't know how all my friends do it.

6 comments:

Gary and Amy said...

You said it! Your living room doesn't even look all that bad and I only have one kid! Oh dear...

Casey said...

Um yeah. My house is always a mess. I try to only look at the playroom once a week. Any more than that and I'd have a heart attack. The living room gets a quick pick-up 5 minutes before Ben comes home and even that sometimes doesn't work. :)

The Bowler Five said...

This is my house all the way. I spent yesterday working in the yard. Today...I get to clean up everything that was destroyed in the house. What a cycle we have!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

That would be Phylis Diller that said that, I think. Except in my house, it's not just a snowstorm, it's a BLIZZARD!! :) I know the feeling! I just took a picture of all the snow gear spread across my living room. Can't wait until we are way into Spring!

Erin said...

My kids seem to follow me from room to room. As soon as its clean they tend to add the finishing touches. It never stays clean for very long. Oh well...one of these days right?

Unknown said...

Just today I was looking at a magazine, and wondering why it is that my house doesn't look like that? And then I remembered that those shoots are done by professional photo stylists who hide all signs that humans even live in the house!

My house is a mess and it drives me nuts, but I'm just not going to spend all my time cleaning, plus I live with 2 other people who are messy, so there's only so much of the battle I can fight alone!