So this evening we were driving back from Colorado Springs when the clouds started to roll in. I looked ahead and saw what seemed to be a funnel cloud in the distance. As we got closer it went back up into the clouds. We started listening to the radio to hear what they had to say. The announcer guy had just said, "There have been some unconfirmed reports of funnel clouds in the area of Castle Rock" when we looked over and saw this...


Well, I can confirm it! It wasn't just any little funnel cloud, it was a full on tornado! Just right there on the side of the road. Tons of people had stopped and everyone had their cell phones out taking pictures, but I had my trusty Nikon right there in my purse and got a few shots as we drove by. I have never seen anything like that before and I was glad when we saw clear skies again!
9 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is so freaky! Was it coming towards you? Why did you stop the car if you were going to get hit by a tornado? Were your kids scared?
Love,
Jacob
Jacob,
Don't worry, we didn't stop the car--everybody else did, but I don't have a death wish. I don't think it was coming towards us. It was pretty far away and we couldn't tell which direction it was moving. I don't think the kids were too scared, although Chloe said she wanted to move back to our old house.
Whoa! I think that would give me nightmares! Cool pictures, though.
You go girl! Way to tote that camera everywhere!
Yikes! Those are amazing pictures!
WHOA! You better start having tornado drills.
Great great pictures!!!
Aunt Kris
I miss good thunderstorms and tornadoes. Everyone in Missouri would go outside to see funnel clouds and tornadoes too. It is just so amazing.
That is crazy! I can't believe you caught such good pictures!
Post a Comment