Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School Daze

Today we went to the girls' preschool orientation. I have been talking about it for at least a week now--trying to get the girls prepared for what it would entail. Things went pretty well, I guess. The girls were very excited. However, when we got there and they met their teacher, Miss Jen, they both clammed up and wouldn't say a word. Audrey looked scared to death the entire 30 minutes and Chloe just laid on the floor of the preschool, inert, with her eyes closed, as if she was thinking, "If I don't move, they can't see me." We went downstairs for cookies at the end and I snapped a picture of Miss Jen with Lincoln and the girls. I hope they perk up a bit next Tuesday--I have been telling them over and over that mommies don't go to preschool and I will be dropping them off from now on. It could be quite a scene...


On the way home we were listening to the cd she gave us of songs they are going to be singing. "Where is Thumbkin?" came on and the girls were asking, "Why do they run away? Who is pinkie?" Yes, I am a horrible mother--they have never heard that song before!!! Oops. Well, I guess that is why I am paying someone so that they can go to preschool and get caught up on all the things I have neglected!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Don't worry! Katelyn was just like that last year. (She's still like that at times.) Anyway, they'll warm up. And then, half-way through the year they'll decide randomly that they don't want to go to preschool any more and will throw the hugest kicking and screaming fits you ever saw for a whole week. Oh wait, that was Kate. I hope you don't have that experience!

*Lindsey* said...

Cody gets to start joy school next week. My group of friends, aka, play group, have joy school through their church so I was so excited when they asked if I would bring Cody. There are probably about 15 moms, but there are 7 for the 3 year olds. I think it will be a great transition for Cody. It will be ever tuesday and thursday for 2 hours, then friday is field trip day. And the best part is, I only have to teach it once ever 7 weeks. Woo-Hoo!

Stohl Family said...

I hope they like it better in the future! It sounds like their teacher is great and hopefully they will be loving it in no time!