Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our quick trip to Utah

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Utah that was over way too soon. My brother and his family are moving to England in about a month where he is going to start the MBA program at Oxford, so we all met up at my parents' house in Park City for one last get together. We had such a fun time. I love my family so much and it is so rare that we all get to be together--and it is about to become even more rare! We don't know when we will get to see Kristian, Amy, Dylanie and Lucas again so we are so grateful that we were able to spend these last few days with them. We love you guys and we will miss you so much!
(This is a partial family picture--we were testing out our pose before the photographer came. I will post the real thing when we get it.)

We returned tonight to 12 voice mails, 54 e-mails, a huge stack of mail, a huge pile of laundry, 64 new posts in my google reader (I love you, fellow bloggers, but AYE CARAMBA!) and 281 pictures in the camera to sort through and blog!!! So be prepared--there are a lot of posts coming your way, but remember--at least I didn't post all 281 pictures!!

Also, there are so many friends and family members living in Utah that we would have loved to have visited with, but this short trip was devoted entirely to spending time with my brother and his family. Sorry we didn't see you this time--maybe next time!!

Lincoln, Royal and Isaac play with a new toy.

Uncle Kristian with Lincoln.Am I getting really good at this photography thing or what? My niece Dylanie is such a sweetheart. Every night she let me brush her hair. I am not used to girls letting me do that.

Me and Amy in the mountains. I feel so blessed to have her as my sister-in-law (even though she is so beautiful and skinny! ;) )
A rousing game of Speed Scrabble. It gets really interesting playing with Kristian who likes to make up words, complete with elaborate definitions.Happy Royal.

My cute kids (minus Lincoln, who caught a nasty cold and was unavailable for many pictures.)Grammie and Papa with all of their grandkids.

Chloe, Dylanie, Royal, Grammie, Lucas (not liking it), Grandpa, Lincoln, Audrey and Isaac.

p.s. If you love me enough to want to read all of my posts for this trip, you will have to look in the "older posts". I did so many that they don't all show up on this page!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're home! Looking at all your photos made me homesick for Utah. :) We'll have to try Wallaby's next time we're in the area!

Jenni said...

Yeah! You're back - my google reader has missed you! Looks like you had an awesome trip! I've loved reading all of your posts. I'm realizing that there are so many things I need to do with my kids since we live here.

*Lindsey* said...

Those pictures are so cute. I borrowed Keri's camera to start taking pictures of the boys... I have my everyday camera that I use, but I feel more professional with hers :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay-

You are so sweet! I loved reading your blog about the trip. It was way too short of a trip, but we had so much fun with all of you. It is always great to get together, no matter how chaotic it gets. We love your family and I feel blessed to be a part of it as well. (thanks for your sweet comments about me...i don't know about the skinny part...that is debatable) We will miss you all very much. We would love to see you in England if you can make it. Maybe you could get away on your own again :)