We made it! The girls are at preschool right this very minute. I have been waiting for this day for four years, nine months and 22 days. I love those girls to death, but there is too much of a good thing sometimes!! And having three kids at home with me is too much. Preschool is only twice a week but I will savor these moments--it is quiet! I can clean (at least for these three hours) without anyone messing it up again! No one is complaining to me about the food I have given them. No one is locking me in the garage. No one is announcing that they need to go potty. No one is hitting their sibling (well, if they are, I'm not the one dealing with it!! Ha, ha!!) Lincoln is asleep and I am on the computer in peace! What a marvelous day. Here are the girls all ready to go. I told them not to pose...you can see how well they listen to me. They had to wear different clothes so their teacher could tell them apart.

The girls were very excited to go, by the way. They have been wearing their new backpacks around the house for days now and took great care in choosing what they were going to bring for show and tell and what special outfit they were going to wear. They sat in the car waiting patiently for a full ten minutes before it was even time to leave because they were so excited. I am excited to hear what they think of it. They seem so young still--at least a lot younger than Isaac seemed when he was in preschool. I guess that is the way it always is--Isaac seems so much older and more mature just because he is the first. Here are the girls making their way up to the door...

Oh, happy day.
3 comments:
Congratulations, Lindsay, on making it to this milestone!
Yippee! I'll celebrate with you. I love Tuesday & Thursday mornings!
I'm very happy for you, m'dear. I'll be doing my own little preschool happy dance over here come next week!
Post a Comment