Friday, August 2, 2013

My trip to Washington DC--"I'm melting, I'm melting!"

The weekend after returning from South Dakota, I headed off to DC to have a weekend with my family.  It was so humid, I thought I was going to turn into a little puddle of sweat.  But we still had a great time.  I had never been there before, so we tried to smash as much as we could into the weekend.

The first evening, we headed off to Georgetown and then took a boat tour of the Potomac and crossed over to the other side.  I can't even remember the name of the cute little town we went to!  But I loved it!
Erin, Lucas and Dylanie in front of the Potomac

Amy, Mom and Erin on the boat.  Oblivious that I am taking their picture.

I think that is the Lincoln Memorial.

Kristian in this cute little town.

I just loved the old buildings!!!
 The next day we headed off to the Mall.  The sweat we produced was really mind-boggling, but we forged on.
Erin, Dylanie and Kristian.  



It's the Lincoln Memorial!!

The Washington Monument was under construction.  :(




On our last day there, we decided to melt over at Mount Vernon--George W.'s plantation.  It was so neat.  They wouldn't let you take pictures inside, which was a bummer, because some of the colors Martha used in her decorating we surprisingly awesome!!

I would like to point out that my poor sister, Erin, was a major trooper on this trip--over 7 months pregnant and hoofing it through the heat.  I don't know how she did it!!



The weekend was amazing and over way too quickly.  I can't wait to bring my kids back there some day.  But it will have to be for much longer than a weekend if I want to see everything!!

No comments: