Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday is a special day


A few months ago we made the decision to cut out extra-curricular activities from our lives. We haven't regretted it a bit. It is so nice to have family dinners together every night. It is especially nice to spend our Saturdays together in the way WE choose to, rather than driving from one side of town to the other and sitting in the cold to watch soccer games. Yesterday was just such a fabulous day! We started off the day working together--it was our turn to clean the church and then we came home, put on some loud music and cleaned the house.

Lincoln found a vacuum just his size at the church so he could help Daddy.

Linky and I both had parties to attend in the early afternoon and then the rest of the day was ours for the playing (yeah, I don't know if that is a phrase, but we'll go with it.)


It was gorgeous outside, so I decided we should go for a hike. I came home from a baby shower and told everyone to hurry and get old clothes and shoes on and we were off. I anticipated a muddy situation, but for some reason it didn't occur to me that there would still be a great deal of snow on the ground where we were headed. Oops. Isaac was the only one who wore snow boots and that was only because he didn't have any old tennis shoes to wear. We were all quite envious by the end of our adventure.

So although we all had numb feet, we had a great time hiking, throwing snowballs and running through the snow. And bonus--no one lost any toes to frostbite!

No comments: