Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ice, ice baby and New Year's Eve


So yesterday, Lincoln and I were minding our own business, casually walking through a snowy parking lot on our way to a doctor's appointment, when the next thing we knew we were flat on our backs. Even though we were both wearing snow boots we slipped on some hidden black ice. I was literally airborne for a second and came down on my back--my head followed some unknown law of physics and slammed into the icy pavement. Lincoln was crying, we were both cold, snow-covered and shaken, my purse had dumped out in the fall and there was a car coming (we were in a parking lot if you remember.) We made our way into the doctor's office and tried to recover. To give you an idea of how bad it must have looked--the man who was driving the car in the parking lot followed us into the office to ask if we were okay. I thought I was, but as the day went on, I started feeling worse and worse. I woke up this morning and could barely turn my head without major neck pain. I have a severe case of whiplash! So tonight, instead of working out or cleaning or crafting or doing some of the things I usually do at night, I am laying on the couch in pain, snuggled up to a heating pad and trying to get caught up on the blog! (It's all for you, Kayla!)I

We were lucky to have Ryan's parents here for a brief visit on New Year's Eve. We don't really do much in the way of celebrating (my life goes a lot better when the kids and I get enough sleep) but we did have a nice dinner and let the kids stay up a little late to play games. Actually the three oldest attempted to stay up until midnight with Ryan, but I hit the sack around 9 pm. Here they are playing a fun new game that Ryan taught them.
I am really looking forward to this year. The house is done, my life is organized--I feel like I can be very productive this year. That is if I can ever stop falling on the ice.

No comments: