Saturday, November 5, 2011

Snow Day!



Our first snow day of the school year came on Wednesday. Ideally I would have been feeling 100% but I was pretty miserably sick so it wasn't quite as fun for me as it could have been. I think the kids still had a great day, though. And I have to give most of the credit to Pinterest. Anytime they got bored, I just looked on my "Things to keep the kids busy" board and voila! Another fabulous idea to keep them entertained. We stayed in our jammies until about 5 pm. :)

I finished up the "Jack O Lantern repurposing" and ended up with about 65 cups of pumpkin puree.
From which I used 3 cups to make about 7,000 pumpkin cookies and froze the rest.

The kids made a fort.

I made pretzel bites for lunch and they ate them inside the fort.

How cool is this?? It's a Darth Vader snowflake in case you can't tell.

I do love snow days. Occasional ones.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

OK...I know I have to be the dumbest girl on the planet...but making that puree isn't that hard, right?

We go through canned pumpkin like crazy, but it is so freaking expensive. Is that puree the same thing as canned pumpkin, essentially? How do you do it?