We have been working on re-doing the backyard for a few weeks now. It is labor-intensive, but fun because we can all work together. Ryan chopped down our pine tree and spent at least a week getting the huge stump out of the ground. We all worked on extracting the juniper and moving landscaping rocks. Ryan has transplanted one plant and started demolishing the retaining wall. It will be a long process, but we are excited for the results!
Here is a "before" picture--summer 2008. You get the idea of the tree taking up the whole backyard.




Here is this Easter shot again, tree gone, stump intact.

The stump is finally gone!!!!


Now to the fun with the sledgehammer...

This is the pile of what he has gotten out so far.

Another view...
3 comments:
Do you hire him out? I've got 3 square miles of concrete that I need removed...
Can't wait to see your finished backyard! (I thought of you last weekend while I was laying over in the Denver airport! So close!)
Hi my dear friend I haven't talked to in ages. Love to see how you and your fam are doing. I loved the pics of your girls bedroom you did. Can I steal the paint color? Hailey loves green and I really couldn't imagine a pretty green but that one is adorable. Your kids are soooo grown up it's hard to imagine that it's been over 6 years since we had our kids across the hall fr each other. I will keep dropping in to read how your life is going. Love ya love, Juliette
Post a Comment