Friday, May 14, 2010

The Many Shades of Audrey and Chloe

A few days ago the girls found the face paints and asked me if they could paint their faces. I said no, because they had school in a few hours, but if they wanted they could paint their tummies (so no one would see.) Then I continued cleaning the house and left them in peace. This is the sight that met me the next time I saw them. (Aren't you impressed by how well my kids listen to me?)
I called them smurfs. They quickly corrected me--"No mom, we are Avatar." I don't know how they even know what Avatar is. I haven't even seen that movie. Anyway--it took about an hour in the tub and a lot of scrubbing to get it off their faces. It took a few more days before we were entirely free of blue. They thought Lincoln needed some decorations, too.
Then last Friday was crazy hair day at school, which I have to say is much more fun now that the girls are in school. There is only so much to do with boys' hair. We started the night before, washing and braiding.
They wanted crazy kinks and black spray and then we got really wild and added the poofy thing on top. Here is the finished product:


Fun times!

No comments: