
The girls had their end of the year Kindergarten Musical on Friday evening. They were so excited to perform for us. They made sure they never slipped up and sang any of the songs around Ryan so that they wouldn't ruin it for him. Of course they got up on stage and had that wonderful deer-in-the-headlights look throughout the entire performance. They did sing, however, which is more than they ever do at church. I was proud of them.

Isaac also celebrated this week with his end-of-the-season soccer party. He received the MVP award again this year, but his coach said that "Most Valuable Player" wasn't an appropriate term--he changed it to "Most Versatile Player" because Isaac excelled at everything he was asked to do.

I took Isaac to the doctor today. She thinks he has a condition called "syncope" which is the fancy medical term for passing out when there isn't enough blood getting to your brain. She says it is relatively common in pre-adolescent children. For some unknown reason, Isaac's brain is hyper-sensitive to not having enough blood flow--so if he gets dehydrated or locks his knees, he will pass out when most of the rest of us would be okay. We have to up his fluid intake to prevent dehydration and that is it. She did send us to the hospital get an EKG, but she is pretty certain there is nothing wrong with his heart. We will get the results from that in a few weeks. I feel better after hearing that it probably isn't anything serious. My mind always tends to jump to the worst possible conclusion and I was thinking a brain tumor or something.
4 comments:
I'm glad that you have a diagnosis for Isaac. Hopefully having him drink LOTS of water will help with this. Crazy!
That sounds about right...my younger brother suffered with this up until his mission...every once in awhile it still happens, he just as to watch his fluid intake. Makes a huge difference. SO glad it is not more serious.
I am glad that Issac is feeling better and you were able to figure out what was wrong. Looks like your weekend was really fun.
I do the same thing. Doesn't even alarm the kids anymore. It is annoying as heck, though, and rather embarrassing at times.
Glad you had an awesome trip!!
Post a Comment