Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stowaway

Almost two weeks ago I took the kids hiking with some of their friends. They had a great time running and playing and exploring.

Isaac and Jacob on a cliff (don't worry Angie, it was all perfectly safe..)

Fast forward a week. We were walking through Nauvoo, enjoying our day when Ryan patted Isaac on the back of the head and exclaimed, "WHAT IS THAT?!"

Our hotel room became a little surgical facility that night as we extracted Edward, Isaac's tick. EW!!!

More on our trip to come...

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Sounds like a fun day of hiking! But, okay, that would totally freak me out! Poor Isaac! Are you going to take him to the doctor? If that tick was on there for a week, that's long enough for transmission of Lyme Disease. I had a small tick on my leg a couple of summers ago after doing some gardening. I say small because I found it the same day, so it wasn't engorged with blood yet, but I was so freaked that I did a bunch of research on it. I hope he's okay!

Heidi said...

I hope your surgery session went well. I had to take one off of Zach a summer or two ago, and that tick was a beastly little sucker! He would not let go of Zach's skin! Hope Issac is okay and not traumatized!

Can't wait to see your fun Chicago trip! We're going in a few weeks and are now deciding what we should do!