Boys and girls really are soooo different. Audrey has been boy crazy since day one--she decided she was going to marry Jacob when we first moved here, then in preschool she changed her mind and decided to marry Lukie. This year it's been all about Brian, a sweet little disabled boy in her class. She is so cute with him--she just truly loves him and is very (sometimes TOO) affectionate. But she is also always watching out for him--bringing him his walker and making sure he has what he needs. On the other end of the spectrum we have Isaac. He had a girl in his class bringing him candy at school and calling him at home. He talked her ear off about pokemon--completely oblivious to what was somewhat obvious to me.So today at school I was helping Brian with a math assignment involving conversation hearts. I saw one that said "Marry Me" and jokingly asked him if he was going to give it to Audrey. He just laughed and said, "We are already married." Good to know! I told him that made me his mother-in-law. When we got home Audrey and I had the following conversation:
Me: Audrey, Brian told me you two are already married.
Audrey: That's because he thinks when you kiss it means you are married.
LONG PAUSE
Me: Soooo....you've kissed Brian????
Audrey: Yes
Me: (gulp) On the cheek?
Audrey: Yes
Okay, then. I wasn't expecting to have this conversation with my kindergartner!
1 comment:
At least it was on the cheek right? Cute story.
Post a Comment