A friend of mine was telling me that when she apologizes for a messy house to her husband when he gets home from work, he always says as long as the kids are happy and know that they have a mother who loves them nothing else matters. I have been thinking about that a lot today. Life has just been really, really busy these last few weeks and I feel like I am always running from one thing to the next.Tonight when I took Lincoln out of the bath we were listening to the rain and I lifted him up on his dresser so that he could see it. He stood there absolutely enthralled for at least 20 minutes. And despite all of the things I had to do (make rolls for the funeral luncheon tomorrow, clean the house, finish the laundry, go buy diapers, make dinner, etc., etc., etc.) I loved every minute of it.
With all that is going on with my friend who lost her daughter, as well as other friends of mine who are facing difficult trials I have really been trying to put life in perspective a bit more. Sometimes it is okay to let things slide in order to spend quality time just watching the rain fall with your baby.
And take some killer blackmail photos!Now I guess I really should go buy some diapers...
7 comments:
i'm still laughing! i love that last shot! :)
i agree with you, this week has really put things into perspective for me, and i'm so much more grateful for my precious children. we're spending more time laughing and talking and enjoying each other than sweating the small stuff.
So sad about your friend and her loss. I can't even imagine her pain, and yours, as her good friend.
I love the great pictures of Lincoln. What a sweet baby.
I'm all for letting things slide. It's the key to having fun and not going crazy. :)
Good perspective. I'm so sorry for your friend.
That's the silver lining of those horrible curve balls life throws us...the chance to refocus and spend more time on the little things. I'm glad you watched the rain. Those are the moments we'll wish we could have back.
xoxo!
Your friend is luck to have you helping her and loving her during this tough time. Thanks for the sweet message on motherhood!
I have a hard time letting things slide and have tried this year to keep a better perspective-some days go better than others, but you have motivated me to do better again. I am so sorry for your friend's loss and cannot even begin to imagine how she feels. Will keep her in our prayers.
Post a Comment