Friday, June 12, 2009

Night at the Museum


Okay, so it was daytime at the museum...

We went again on Wednesday to the Museum of Nature and Science. They have an incredible new exhibit that we hit at the end of our visit--I could have spent the whole day in there--it was fascinating! It is called Expedition Health for you locals--HIGHLY recommended. When you went in you got a little card that you entered in your personal information on. Then at each part of the exhibit you scanned the card and it kept a record of all your stats. At the end it gave you a personalized print out of your health status. I'm not explaining it well--but it was really cool. It is new and it was a free day, so it was VERY crowded. We got in line to do an age-progression thing. It took your picture and then aged you up to 70. I thought that would be pretty interesting, but the more I watched other people do it, the more I thought it would just be totally depressing, so we ended up going on to some other things. It was a fun day, and we will definitely go back when we can have more time to really explore that new exhibit.


Here is one of the many cool things we tried--Isaac used his brain waves to move a little ball. He was supposed to relax as much as he could--then the ball would move toward his opponent. He lost the first round to a little girl, but won the second against a mother of a few kids (somehow I'm not surprised she wasn't able to relax!)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm with you. I don't think I'd have liked the age progression thing. The slow, daily thing is bad enough. :-)

Anna M said...

Very fun museum!