Sunday, June 21, 2009
It has been an interesting week and I have a lot of blogging to catch up on. I will get to it all eventually. I spent the first part of the week entertaining some friends from high school that were in town. They had not even been gone an hour on Thursday when I got a phone call telling me that my dear friend's five month old daughter had died a few hours before while taking her morning nap. I immediately called Ryan and he was able to come home from work early so that I could go be with her. It was a heart-wrenching, tragic day. I, along with some other friends, stayed with her until her parents were able to arrive from Las Vegas. We just sat with her--listened to her, cried with her, tried to comfort her, helped her in whatever way we could think to. There is so little you can do in situations like this and you feel so completely helpless but you want so much to help. We took the baby's crib down and put her stuff in a closet so that the physical reminders of the pain would be lessened. It was awful. I can't even imagine what the family is going through. This whole experience puts everything in perspective very quickly. I love my friend so much and I wish she didn't have to go through this. I wish there was more I could do to help. I am grateful for our beliefs and the comfort they bring, but the pain of losing a child is still so harsh--I am just aching for my friend and her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's just horrible. I don't know her name, but I'll pray for her and her family. Every mother's nightmare. That is good that she had her friends to be there for her. It makes you hug your kids a little tighter.
I am so glad that she has a good friend like you to be there with her.
I can't even imagine! How heart breaking. I guess all you can do is be a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on.
It brought tears to my eyes just reading. I am so very sorry for your friend and her family. How wonderful she has good dear friends that could be with her to give comfort, help & love.
Oh that is the saddest thing. I'm just shocked reading it. I'm glad you could go help right away. I know she'll need your help for a long time.
I'm so sorry for your friends loss. I cant imagine anything worse than loosing a child.
So sorry Lindsay. Never a shortage of grief, is there?
I just lost my mom 3 months ago, and there is nothing anyone can say to make the pain go away, but just my loved ones being there for me was enough. Your friend is very lucky to have you Lindsay.
Post a Comment