Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Um...oops. This is the one and only picture we took of Christmas!!! We did get lots of video though. I was so excited for Christmas morning! I kept waking up during the night and looking at the clock. I love getting presents for the kids and watching their excitement and happiness when they open them. We had a really fun day--the kids just played and played and played. Some of Isaac's favorite presents were K'nex, a crazy cool robot thing that entertains us all, an anti-gravitational remote control car, lots of books and an Indiana Jones playset. The girls LOVED their play kitchen, some cute dolls, Barbies and the coveted "Gourmet Girl Cupcake Maker" which looks and sounds like a lot more fun than it actually is. Lincoln got a little electric piano that he is not only enthralled with, but very protective of. Ryan got lots of little electronic gadgets that I have no idea what they are. I love my new Ugg's and the Twilight soundtrack.

I was finally able to get a hold of my mom--it really was a miracle how it happened because they were staying in a place without any cell phone service or internet access. I called my brother's cell phone at the exact time that my sister in law had taken it and driven somewhere with cell phone service to call her own family. So luckily I was able to tell my mom the sad news about her dad before he died and she was able to talk to her family about it. My grandpa died the next morning at about 2:30 am. So the whole Christmas thing was a little different for me. I missed not even being able to really talk to my family at all (except for the rushed, massively expensive cell phone conversation breaking the horrible news.) Still, all in all it was a good day and we enjoyed being together.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I love that you and your family have so many wonderful traditions. That's very special and full of memories to come.

Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas, and I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, too. I hope your mom was able to enjoy England and your brother's family as well.