Enjoying the chilly winter weather!! There have been all sorts of records for the cold here lately. A few days ago it hit a low of -18 degrees overnight! I wasn't even sure if it was safe to leave the house the next day when it hovered around 0 degrees all day long. It makes life an adventure, that is for sure!!

Enjoying the girls' school Christmas program. They did such a good job! They actually moved their mouths for most of the singing portion (I'm not sure if they actually sang, but at least they were sort of participating.) In the little play Audrey was the angel and Chloe was Mary. It was adorable!

Enjoying the treats of the season...here is Linky eating a doughnut at the girls' Christmas party. We have also made (and eaten) our fair share of Christmas cookies. Ugh.
Enjoying (????) making a gingerbread house. Okay, don't call me a grinch, but every year by the time we actually get around to decorating the gingerbread house I need to take half a bottle of prozac to even function. First of all, whoever came up with the brilliant idea that you need to wait an hour between assembling each part of the house obviously not only doesn't have kids of their own, but doesn't even have any contact with any kids ever and probably wasn't ever a kid themself. You have to have a freakin' Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering to even get the stupid walls to stand up and then they want you to wait an hour before putting the roof on?! All while listening to your kids ask repeatedly if it's time to decorate it yet? Nope, and guess what? After the roof goes on, we get to wait another hour before decorating it! NOTE TO SELF: Assemble the blasted thing the night before, when they kids are all tucked into bed dreaming about sugarplums and you can curse at it all you want. Moving on...
Enjoying the big countdown! Grammie sent the three older kids these chocolate filled advent calendars this year. I love advent calendars and it was one of my favorite traditions growing up. Somehow, very mysteriously, all of the chocolate had disappeared from the girls' calendars by Dec 3rd, but Isaac is still going strong, eating his piece first thing every morning. We're getting closer!!
Finally, enjoying being together!!!!!!!!! On Saturday morning I told the girls that Ryan doesn't have to go back to work until next year. They were both thrilled (as am I). Chloe ran over to Lincoln and said, "Linky, Daddy is off track!" It is nice to have him home and not in school for a few weeks. Of course, the push is on to finish the basement, so we still won't be seeing much of him, but I'll take what I can get.
Wow, this post is like a second Christmas letter! Well, what can I say, I started a blog for a reason I guess! Enjoy!
2 comments:
Thanks for the heads up on the gingerbread house! We were going to do it on Christmas Eve, and now I know to put the thing together the day before. Muchas gracias! Hopefully, that will keep my swearing to a minimum.
yes, thanks for the info on the house. i'm so glad i didn't attempt it this year. cookies were enough for me! your family looked so cute in their clothes. i loved the matching berets! TDF!
Post a Comment