Saturday, February 23, 2008

Our First Annual Chili Lunch

Today we hosted a big chili lunch for Ryan's family (the Colorado constituency.) It was so much fun! Ryan's brother, Justin and his family (wife Sarah, kids Ross, Grace and Evan) and his sister, Katie and her husband, Mark all came. We had two big pots of chili simmering, cornbread freshly baked and a variety of salads to eat. We let the kids run wild, played games, ate way too much and thoroughly enjoyed spending the day together with family!!
Lincoln got to hang out with his cool older cousin, Evan (5 months old.) They bonded about naptimes and the pros and cons of rolling over (a feat which Evan recently achieved and was eager to demonstrate.) Here they are chillin' on the rug (Lincoln on the left, Evan on the right.)
"Somebody Help!!" Ryan was walking through the family room when he heard a little voice cry out for help. It was Grace, dressed up as a lion. She had somehow gotten herself wedged between the chair and the ottoman. He snapped this picture before rescuing her.
Here is Ross enjoying his Hornet's Nest Cake and root beer.
The girls watching the action from up in the loft. (Audrey, Grace and Chloe)
The babies helping out with The Farming Game (Lindsay, Isaac in back, Lincoln, Evan, Sarah). The game lasted almost all day, but Katie and Isaac finally won!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Gosh, Lincoln's getting big! He's adorable!

travelingmom said...

Hey! Looks fun! I'm glad you posted pictures of Justin's family, I've never seen Evan. How fun! So, this is the #1 question, are you still against going into debt on the farming game??? :)

Lindsay said...

I can't believe you remember that, Angela!! I tried this time and made it most of the way through the game debt free, but then when I realized that I had like $5000 and we were playing to $200,000 I decided to change my strategy...So, I still don't believe in debt and I will just never be a farmer!!

Erin said...

Lincoln is SO big!! I can't even believe it! He is so cute! Looks like you are having fun with your "other" family so close :) Hope all is well!