Yes, there is a valid reason why I haven't blogged since early August. We've been a little busy. But now, it's pretty much done! The house of horrors is gone and we are so happy with the way it's all turned out. So, without further ado, we will take a tour of the before and after shots of our new house. Most of the "befores" were taken last March, the one and only time we ever even saw the house before moving in!!
 |
| Before--the office, used as a bedroom. |
 |
| Now--we are still going to add artwork, but now it is actually being used as an office! :) |
 |
| Before--the kids showing off the front hall. |
 |
| Now--new and improved. It needed to be lightened up considerably!! |
 |
The living room (before.)
|
 |
| The living room now. |
 |
The dining room before--i.e. the room they let their pets pee in.
|
 |
| That's better. And the smell is gone! |
 |
| The kitchen before. At least they had good cabinets.. |
 |
| Also before--Audrey doesn't know what to think. |
 |
| And now. |
 |
| View into the interesting family room before. Chloe gives it a thumbs up. |
 |
| I prefer the new look, personally. |
 |
| Before, looking down from the loft. |
 |
| Is it even the same house?! |
 |
| I don't have a before of the half bath, but you can get the idea, I'm sure. Brown, brown and more brown. Here it is now! |
Lest you think this was easy...
 |
| Pet stains on the carpet. No wonder it smelled so awful. |
 |
| We lived on sub-flooring for a few weeks. Not my favorite. |
 |
| Ripping out baseboards! |
 |
| Child labor is the way to go. |
Stay tuned, I'll do the upstairs soon. Right now I've got to pack. We are going camping tonight!! Now that the house is mostly done, we get to have some fun!!
10 comments:
Love the blue, you guys have done a great job!!
Maybe in 10 years my house will look 1/2 that good (I'm hoping we have a house in 10 years...).
love love love love love love. now i need to see it in person!!! way to go -- it's everything you wanted and deserve! so happy for you.
Lindsay,
You have such great taste. Love your colors and all your cute touches. You have a beautiful home.
Gorgeous lindsay! Can u come decorate for me? I am in love with your gallery wall...you should pinterest it!
Just so you know, next time I come over I'm going to try to stuff that tufted ottoman in the back of my car when you are looking the other way....
It looks FABULOUS! I want to see it in person. I know you put up with so much to get this far that I hope you are really enjoying the fruits of your patience and labor. It looks like HOME!
Beautiful job! You definitely put me to shame. We've been here almost a year and I've only painted a few bedrooms. You've inspired me!
i keep checking back for part two....
OH! I LOVE your style!!! Gorgeous!
I am 48, have 3 children, 2 boys age 25 and 22 and a daughter of 11. My husband left me last year after 25 years of marriage (he turned 50). It has been the most difficult year of my life, but full of lessons about myself and what life and marriage are all about. I am passionate about marriage and i didn't give up on my husband. resides in USA, I entered online in search of advice on how i can amend my marriage while i was at work. I saw so many positive reviews and nice feed back about how a Doctor called Robinson.buckler@ yahoo. com has been wonderful with his work. I gave a shot to make contact with him via his Email and he assured me that my marriage will be peaceful and i believed in his words. 16 hours after he finished work, my husband came back home pleading and now, we are living peacefully again. Get in contact with him if you need any help.
Post a Comment