I am totally exhausted, but now seems as good a time as any to do a quick catch up on my blog. More for my own posterity's sake than anything else. I'm starting to wonder if blogs are becoming a thing of the past. I know I RARELY if ever actually read blogs these days, but maybe it is because I have had a few things going on. Ha.
I don't even remember where I left off. Thwarted marathon plans? Hospitalized child? Moving out? We did get moved out. That had it's share of headaches and problems, but it is done! Ryan got strep on our moving day. The cleaners didn't do their job, so I was at our empty house until 11:00 pm cleaning. We had to stay in a hotel for two days so that Ryan didn't get anyone else sick, and then I started feeling lousy so instead of spreading our strep germs around, I just took the three younger kids and the dog and drove to Utah. In one day. By myself. I feel like a grown up now.
Isaac flew here himself a few days later (and I'm sure he feels quite grown up about that as well.) I have been trying to keep the kids as busy and active as possible. They watched WAY too much t.v. there at the end when I just needed to get stuff done so we are doing a t.v. free summer. So far, so good. We have been hiking and biking (12 miles on Tuesday!) pretty much every day. They fall into bed exhausted at night--that is how summer should be! It helps ease the sadness too. They really miss Ryan and it's hard on all of us to be away from him.
Poor Audrey hurt her foot really badly on Wednesday and that has made things hard. She was riding her bike and smashed her foot into the rock facade of my parent's house. She basically completely took the skin off most of her toes. It is disgusting--I literally almost throw up every time I have to change the bandages--and it's just made things hard. It hurts her to walk, so our hiking plans have been tricky and I don't know how she is going to go to swim lessons on Monday. Plus somehow or other people keep accidentally stepping on her foot. I feel so badly for her!!
Still no official word on our house, other than that things are moving along as they should be. These people that work at the bank and need 10 business days to make every single decision are really starting to drive me crazy. But it will all be worth it in the end. I have to just keep telling myself that!!!!
A few scenes...
 |
| Tell them they get to wash the car! They stay entertained and the car gets clean. Win win. |
 |
| No trip to Utah is complete without a stop at my Alma Mater to get Creamery ice cream!!! |
 |
| Um, disturbing. This is the site of my freshman dorm. What happened??? |
 |
| Meeting up with friends--we got to cheer Becky to the finish of the UV Marathon!! |
 |
| More good friends, Evelyn and Teresa and I at a park |
 |
| We stopped at Bridal Veil Falls today. (Notice Audrey's one shoe. Poor thing.) |
2 comments:
Um, so super small world! Becky is my sister's (Heather) sister in law. They married brothers. And that same Heather is the one who is friends with Kayla. Too funny! She's quite the runner and a neat lady. I haven't seen her in years (but did play a few diet games with her) though but hear lots of stories about her & the family. She's been through a lot recently. Glad you made it safely. Hang in there.
I found your blog and saw that you're from Colorado. I'm also a Colorado Blogger. Another blogger friend, Katie and I are starting a Colorado Blogger group on Facebook as a place for bloggers to support each other and to connect with other bloggers from our area/state. I hope that you'll join us.
Just go to the page https://www.facebook.com/groups/563310737054751/ and click join group and we'll be able to add you. Once you're a member of the group, please feel free to invite/ add any other bloggers from our state that you might know.
Post a Comment