So way back last May, I heard on the radio that Justin Bieber was coming to Denver and I was so excited! The girls are BIG fans and a couple of years ago I had told them that if he ever came to town that I would take them to the concert. So I bought the tickets in May and had to keep it a secret until Christmas because that was their main present from us!


We first drove to Red Robin, where the waitress immediately asked us if we were heading to the concert. Apparently we weren't the first she had seen that night! (And it was only 4:45 pm!!)

After dinner we braved the traffic and headed downtown. The girls really started to get antsy, thinking we were going to be late because traffic was bad, but we made it in plenty of time. I wouldn't have minded if we had missed the opening act, anyway. Carly Rae Jeppson was mediocre, and we didn't even know most of the songs she sang. And I think "Call me, Maybe" is STILL stuck in my head. :(

Justin finally came on late! Like after my girls are normally in bed! The audience was OUT OF CONTROL. I wouldn't be surprised if we all sustained permanent hearing loss. As the concert started Justin flew out with these giant metal wings attached to his back. It was pretty cool looking...

But the girls' reaction stole the show!!
The rest of the concert was fun. LOUD, but good. Whether or not you like his music, it is pretty undeniable that Justin Bieber is extremely talented. He danced, he played the guitar, the drums and the piano and he sang. It was impressive. I thought it was so funny that he commented on the altitude and how it was hard for him to breathe here in the mile high city--but that we must all be used to it. Yup, we don't even notice it, Justin.
At one point during all his concerts, one girl is chosen from the audience to come up on stage with him while he sings to her. My girls knew this, since they have seen the movie about him a few times, and when that song came on, I looked over at Chloe. She had such a hopeful look on her face--like she really, really thought she might get chosen. I guess she didn't realize that they typically don't choose the girls sitting in the nosebleed section. I'm sure they don't choose the nine year olds, either. But it was sweet!
| Maybe next time, Chloe. |
It was so much fun! I loved spending time with my girls and seeing them soooo excited!




No comments:
Post a Comment