Sunday, September 2, 2012

Party like it's 1955


A few months ago a friend of mine went to a 1940's WWII Ball and I was green with envy when I saw her pictures.  When she told me the same people were hosing a 1940's and 50's Tiki Ball on Sept. 1st, I immediately started looking for a dress.  Vintage clothing?  Dressing up?  Fun hair?  Fake Eyelashes?  Big Band Music?  Hula Lessons?  I am there!!  When the tickets came up for sale on Living Social, a bunch of us got in on the act!

Amy, Me, Heidi, and Becca
I found my dress online and it is the real deal!  An authentic vintage dress from the 40's!  How perfect that it has red hibiscus flowers all over it (for the Tiki theme.)  I also wore my grandma's pearls and bracelets from the era.  Amy's dress is also authentic 50's, as are Heidi's rockin' sunglasses.


The menfolk--Chad, Ryan, Jeb and Quin.  Such good sports.

The party was in the courtyard of a fun hotel in Boulder.  We saw a lot of interesting people dressed up--some really fun dresses and AWESOME hair!!  Wow!

Amy and Chad--Amy wore her grandma's jewelry as well.
I had fun with my hair and make-up, but I'm still not a fan of the dark eyebrows.  My girls just stared at me like they didn't recognize me when I finally came downstairs.
Are we having fun yet?!  (We know how to have fun even without the mixed drinks!)
Someone needs to remind Heidi that instagram wasn't invented in 1952.


The tiki man blew smoke on us...

I got Ryan dog tags--made with an original WWII stamp! 
There was great entertainment--lots of hula and fire dancers and Carmen Miranda hosted the limbo contest.
This guy was carving tikis.
Nice ride...

We had so much fun and can't wait for the Christmas Ball in December!!!!

2 comments:

Keeley Farrell said...

So fun! You all look great!

Jenni said...

That. Is. Awesome.