Monday, August 13, 2012

Tri #1 and Utah


I think it is about time for me to catch up on this blog!  Quick re-cap for those of you who don't follow my other blog...

I ended up getting the flu and having to be rescued out of the lake during my triathlon.  Boo.  Ryan was taking pictures of all the swimmers--not knowing what was going on--and he got me.  Look closely--I am the one not in the water, but sitting on the back end of the jet ski.  

I was incredibly disappointed, but also incredibly sick.  Such is life.

Despite the illness that was infecting me and then spread to Isaac, we packed up and went out to Utah to visit family.
Audrey, Dylanie and Chloe--we haven't seen Dylanie in about 3 years!
Grammie, Dylanie and Chloe on the Alpine Slide
Lincoln flying high!
The ropes course in Heber
Go Linky!
Isaac, James, Abby, Chloe, Audrey and Ross
Lincoln is going to the top!
Grandpa telling stories (I think he has Lincoln convinced he is part gorilla.)
Doing laundry at "This is the Place"--why aren't they that helpful at home??
Riding horses
Naming all the ducks
Playing with the pigs--look at Royal doing his moves on the left!
Train ride
Playing Minute to Win-it Games
A moose taking a rest in my parents' back yard!
Breakfast with cousins
Eight grandkids=no chance at a decent picture.
Mine.
We were able to pack a lot into our very short trip.  We had to take the girls out of school, so we couldn't stay long, but we loved being able to visit with everyone.  Unfortunately, Ryan's grandma died while we were there--the day before we were going to go visit her!  She was 101 years old, though, so I think it was a good thing for her.  We were able to extend our trip and go to her funeral, which was very nice.

No comments: