Friday, July 6, 2012

Fourth Festivities, part two

After breakfast we loaded up the car and drove up to Loveland for the day to celebrate with our dear friends.  We started off with a hike in the mountains near their home.









After our hike, we cleaned up and went over to Grammie's house for a BBQ.  (Not our Grammie, theirs, but we liked her too!)  We had a wonderful evening with the Crockett, German and Rehme families.



We loved the tree swing...


 



the parachute...

 


the snazzy food and beverages...
the


 the stimulating conversation...
 

and the house!!!  Oh, don't get me started on this incredible house!  Built in 1887!!!  It was like I had died and gone to heaven when I got to look through it!  There is even a HIDDEN staircase!!!!!  I could have interrogated Kayla's mom for hours about that house, but after our dessert of homemade ice cream, we really did have to be getting off to see the fireworks.


I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks--but they were awesome!  We were just lucky we got to see some; most of the fireworks in the state were cancelled due to the fires and dangerous conditions.
We got home LATE and have been paying the price, but I'd say it was worth it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That picture of Norm & Lincoln is KILLER! Cracks me up!

Lindsay said...

I know! Lincoln took that conversation very seriously, too. Hopefully Norm was imparting some wisdom, or at least photography tips.