Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lincoln--my black man




Lincoln is such a funny little kid! He decided to get himself dressed yesterday and picked out his favorite guitar shirt. When I suggested jean shorts, he said, "No, those don't match. I need black pants." (Because his shirt is black, obviously.) I don't even know why the pants he found were in his drawer, but they fit his requirement of being black, and even though they are size 6-12 months, he managed to get them on!! He wore this outfit all day and kept saying, "I am a black man!" Who knows what people were thinking!

The other day as we were walking to school, the girls were once again complaining about how they didn't want to walk and how tired they were. So I (once again) said, "I don't know how we are going to go to Disneyland if you guys can't even walk up the street to the school." Lincoln turned to me and said, "It's okay, Mommy, we are flying to Disneyland this year."

And my favorite...
I took Lincoln on a "special date" last week to see Toy Story 3 while the kids were at school. When we got to the theater, I said, "Lincoln, you have to hold my hand, we are on a date." He looked down, then looked at me and said, "No, Mommy. We are on a sidewalk."

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

The Disneyland comment is the best. You can't pull anything over on Lincoln...he's way too smart! What a cutie!

Priscilla said...

Hilarious! Love that little black man! :)

Anna M said...

So funny! Those are great one-liners cute boy!